Comments from RobertR

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,301 comments

RobertR commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Last of the Calderone movie houses

RobertR commented about Good lord on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Pathetic

RobertR commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Feb 10, 2016 at 1:15 pm

I wonder now where premieres and screenings will be held? Other than HUGE spaces like Radio City or the Beacon there are no 1000-1500 seat auditoriums. The Broadway legit houses should make some money during their dark periods and make their theaters available. After all Gigi played roadshow at the Royale

RobertR
RobertR commented about Charleston's Will Rogers Theatre in Need of Restoration on Feb 3, 2016 at 8:00 am

I love this type of art deco marquee

RobertR commented about PlayStation Theater on Nov 19, 2015 at 8:39 am

This name just sounds so moronic to me, just my opinion

RobertR commented about Teatro Linda Vista on Nov 19, 2015 at 8:22 am

So beautiful

RobertR commented about Ziegfeld Theatre on Nov 19, 2015 at 8:15 am

4 week commitment seems a joke now. In the old days a movie like Star Wars played for months before it even went second and third run.

RobertR commented about Coliseum Cinemas on Aug 17, 2015 at 9:00 am

I was suprised this closed, there were not many theatres left uptown.

RobertR commented about First Avenue Screening Room on May 26, 2015 at 10:01 am

Me too

RobertR
RobertR commented about Ziegfeld Theatre "The Jolson Story" reissue in 70MM engagement on May 26, 2015 at 9:41 am

I remember this, Larry Parks had just died.

RobertR commented about Roslyn Cinemas on May 26, 2015 at 9:38 am

Come on Bow Tie the marquee still looks like crap

RobertR commented about Manhasset Cinemas on May 26, 2015 at 9:36 am

I never knew they played Roadshows here

RobertR commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on May 26, 2015 at 9:35 am

The theaters glory days showing a roadshow

RobertR commented about Center Cinemas on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:18 am

I was wondering why they were letting the marquee fall apart and go dark and leave graffiti all over the building, now I know. With this closing the nearby Jackson 3 might be worth reopening.

RobertR commented about Jackson Heights Cinema on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:29 am

The upstairs theatre at the Plaza is still there too

RobertR commented about Big Cinemas Manhattan on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:27 am

Come on the theatre could get big bookings with all the other cinemas closed

RobertR commented about Jackson Heights Cinema on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:54 am

Whats going on here?

RobertR commented about Cinematheque on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:41 am

Looks adoreable

RobertR commented about Loew's Paradise Theatre on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:34 am

So much money spent and then nothing, I was thinking about it since the King’s reopening

RobertR commented about Loew's Paradise Theatre on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:43 am

Is this closed totally or is the church having services here? What a damn shame after all the renovations that it could not sustain itself.

RobertR commented about Cinemart Cinemas on Jan 15, 2015 at 7:52 am

RobertR commented about United Artists Theatre on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:01 am

What awesome signage and to think now how AMC makes the outside of their locations dark and marqueeless.

RobertR commented about Belvedere Theatre on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:57 am

I believe the church added a balcony that the theater never had

RobertR commented about Belvedere Theatre on Dec 30, 2014 at 11:52 am

The theatre stopped showing movies in the 50’s and the place sat empty 20 years.

RobertR
RobertR commented about "Coming attractions: The rise of luxury movie theaters" on Dec 30, 2014 at 11:51 am

I don’t know if others feel like I do but the number one thing for me would be a massive screen. Something so big you can’t duplicate it at home. There was a reason in the 50’s for Cinemascope & Cinerama. Even IMAX is tiny now.