Comments from RobertR

Showing 1 - 25 of 3,289 comments

RobertR commented about Center Cinemas on Feb 5, 2015 at 11:18 am

I was wondering why they were letting the marquee fall apart and go dark and leave graffiti all over the building, now I know. With this closing the nearby Jackson 3 might be worth reopening.

RobertR commented about Jackson Heights Cinema on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:29 am

The upstairs theatre at the Plaza is still there too

RobertR commented about Big Cinemas Manhattan on Feb 5, 2015 at 8:27 am

Come on the theatre could get big bookings with all the other cinemas closed

RobertR commented about Jackson Heights Cinema on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:54 am

Whats going on here?

RobertR commented about Cinematheque on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:41 am

Looks adoreable

RobertR commented about Loew's Paradise Theatre on Feb 5, 2015 at 6:34 am

So much money spent and then nothing, I was thinking about it since the King’s reopening

RobertR commented about Loew's Paradise Theatre on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:43 am

Is this closed totally or is the church having services here? What a damn shame after all the renovations that it could not sustain itself.

RobertR commented about RIALTO THEATRE C1962, on Feb 4, 2015 at 11:41 am

Classic :)

RobertR commented about Cinemart Cinemas on Jan 15, 2015 at 7:52 am

RobertR commented about United Artists Theatre on Dec 31, 2014 at 6:01 am

What awesome signage and to think now how AMC makes the outside of their locations dark and marqueeless.

RobertR commented about Belvedere Theatre on Dec 31, 2014 at 5:57 am

I believe the church added a balcony that the theater never had

RobertR commented about Belvedere Theatre on Dec 30, 2014 at 11:52 am

The theatre stopped showing movies in the 50’s and the place sat empty 20 years.

RobertR
RobertR commented about "Coming attractions: The rise of luxury movie theaters" on Dec 30, 2014 at 11:51 am

I don’t know if others feel like I do but the number one thing for me would be a massive screen. Something so big you can’t duplicate it at home. There was a reason in the 50’s for Cinemascope & Cinerama. Even IMAX is tiny now.

RobertR commented about AMC Fantasy 5 on Dec 29, 2014 at 7:26 am

It is dark and dreary and no longer looks like a movie theatre

RobertR commented about Belvedere Theatre on Dec 29, 2014 at 7:14 am

A vintage picture of the theatre open has to exist somewhere

RobertR commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on Oct 7, 2014 at 7:30 am

This got even worse, Regal is no better then UA.

RobertR commented about UA Sheepshead Bay Stadium 14 on Sep 29, 2014 at 7:47 am

To think Brooklyn once had 200 theatres

RobertR commented about Radio City Music Hall on Sep 29, 2014 at 7:08 am

Nyer OMG you took the words out of my mouth. I said the same thing about GWTW 75th anniversary. Ho hoopla, no big celebration like for the 50th. I have been trying to find out if the showing yesterday was like the Wizard of Oz showings where all they did was project a DVD. The movie theatre business is DEAD and buried, any theatrical showings are just adertisement for the home DVD release.

RobertR commented about Big Cinemas Manhattan on Sep 18, 2014 at 6:03 am

The marquee is lit up with a for lease sign but I guess this is going to go retail :(

RobertR commented about AMC Fantasy 5 on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:28 am

To me not advertising movies on the marquee is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. Why give up free advertising?

RobertR commented about UA Lynbrook 6 on Aug 20, 2014 at 6:18 am

Now that the Fantasy has been renovated its going to be another nail for the Lynbrooks coffin.

RobertR commented about Big Cinemas Manhattan on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:44 am

Anything going on here? I keep hoping it reopens hate to see it closed

RobertR
RobertR commented about Directors Guild of America Theater on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:36 am

Do they ever have screenings here open to the public?

RobertR commented about AMC Loews Roosevelt Field 8 on Jul 16, 2014 at 6:29 am

Have any updates been done here?

RobertR commented about Parsons Theatre on Jul 14, 2014 at 9:19 am