276 Bradford Road, Fartown,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Regent Cinema was opened on 11th November 1933 with the film “Cavalcade” as a small suburban cinema on one of the main arterial roads into Huddersfied Town centre. It was one of about fifteen ‘local’ small cinemas that operated in the suburbs of this town alone. It was designed by local architect J.H. Freer of Fenay Bridge, Huddersfield
The cinema was one of the Star Cinemas circuit’s early acquisitions and remained open until the late 1950’s. After a short spell as a bingo hall it then served as a popular dance hall which later became the Regent Nightclub, later Vanity Fair and by 1981 was a ‘Stars Bar’. Next it became a fun-pub known as the ‘Two-in-One club and then a bar & restaurant into the 1980’s.
Little of its original interior remains due to a huge fire which destroyed the roof and damaged the stage in early 1983. It was repaired and now remains open as a popular Indian restaurant
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater