Cliffe High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built for and operated by Oscar Deutsch and his Odeon Theatres Ltd. chain. The Odeon Lewes was located on the fringe of the shopping centre of Lewes and was the second Odeon to be designed by architect Andrew Mather.
It opened on 2nd June 1934 with Cicely Courtneidge in "Aunt Sally". There was a 3-storey high facade, which had a central advertisement board, above which was the Odeon name sign. It was actually a false front as the foyer behind, was only 2-storeys in height. Inside the auditorium, seating was provided on a semi-stadium plan with a seperate raised circle section at the rear which did not overhang the stalls seating. there were 518 seats in the stalls and 468 in the circle. The Odeon was equipped with a cafe/restaurant and a free car park.
The Odeon was closed on 2nd October 1971 with Shirley MacLaine in "Two Mules For Sister Sarah". It was sold to a propery developer on 20th April 1972 and remained closed and unused until 1982 when it was demolished and shops and housing was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater