Tower Annexe Cinema
164-166 Rye Lane,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the south-east London district of Peckham. The Public Hall was originally a 19th Century Chapel. It began screening films in 1905 and was a permanent cinema from 1908. In 1911, it was re-constructed and was taken over by Montagu Pyke, joining his small chain of Cinematograph Theatres, seating was provided for 780. Re-named the Peckham Cinematograph Theatre by 1915 it was taken over by the Peckham Property Co. Ltd. who had just built the 2,150 seat Tower Cinema along Rye Lane, and this building was re-named the Tower Annexe Cinema from 1917.
It became part of the Israel Davis chain and was taken over by Provincial Cinematograph Theatres(PCT) in November 1926. They were part of the Gaumont British Theatres Coporation.
The Tower Annexe Cinema was closed on 6th October 1940 and the cinema suffered some bomb damage during World War II. It never re-opened, but it was repaired and the auditorium was converted into a garment factory. The entrance became a shop, then an amusement arcade, before becoming retail use again.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater