8 Ickenham Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Ruislip is located in the north-west of todays' Greater London. The Rivoli Cinema was opened on 30th September 1929 with Betty Balfour in “Champagne”, directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It was operated by the Charles F. Cheshire Group. The Rivoli Cinema had a 36 feet wide proscenium and was equipped with a stage. The Rivoli Cinema also had a tea room for the convenience of its patrons.
It was taken over by the Shipman & King circuit in 1935. They operated the Rivoli Cinema until it closed on 4th June 1966 with Jean Seberg in "Moment To Moment" and Don Knotts in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken". The building was later demolished and a Sainsbury’s supermarket was built on the site. This was not a great success, as there were no car parking facilities, and it stood closed for longer than it was open. In 2001 a new block of flats was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater