87 Park Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Luton, Bedfordshire. The Picturedrome was opened on 8th April 1911. It had an attractive white stone façade with a centrally place entrance, and there was a round window on each side at first floor level. Inside the auditorium seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. In 1924 it was taken over by W. Southan Morris who operated an independent chain of cinemas. In 1929 it was equipped with an Edibell sound system.
In November 1930 the Picturedrome was taken over by the Union Cinemas chain. They were taken over by the Associated British Cinemas chain in October 1937, but as Union Cinemas just opened their brand new Ritz Cinema on 11th October 1937, they closed the Picturedrome on 25th October 1937. It never re-opened.
The building became a motor cycle shop for many years, and eventually the façade was demolished. It has operated as a Riley’s Snooker Club for many years.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater