Showing 51 - 75 of 1,148 comments
Comparing the postcard at http://www.cinematour.com/picview.php?db=us&id=22944 to the modern Google street view one can clearly see by the buildings next to it that the Colonial would have been at 2 Broadway (not 1 Broadway). Now the question is, is the current building housing the Lazy Lobster restaurant a heavily modified Colonial Theatre or was the theatre demolished and this new building erected on the same footprint?
This is listed in the 1910 Fulton city directory as the Theatorium.
In 1910 the Hippodrome Theatre is listed in the city directory at 138 W Second Street. It must have preceded the Oswego Theatre and subsequently have been demolished to make room for the new theatre.
Address was 240 S Highland Ave.
Address was 7 Dietz St. It is now a dentist’s office.
OK – further research indicates that this is now the parking lot for the Bell Memorial Library, which would make the address 14 East Street.
If the 18 East Street address is right, a Bing Maps bird’s eye view shows that this theatre still appears to exist as Nunda Parts Plus.
There is an Oliver Theatre listed in 1914 at 358 Oliver St. The 1921 date give above must be a reopening.
Did anything ever happen with the restoration and reopening of this theatre? It doesn’t seem to be active.
This theatre has closed.
This theatre is now owned by Carmike.
Address is 413 State St.
The Star opened in 1909. Its address was 56 Church Street, and the building still exists. It is currently vacant.
Correct address was 40 John Street. The theatre opened in 1913 and sat 1050 people. It was demolished in September 1969.
This theatre and all the buildings are gone now. The Ritz burned down sometime after 1982. The address was approximately 80 Main Street.
This theatre was demolished in the 1920’s to make way for retail. It was originally Horak’s Opera House.
Address was 10 Kingston St. An auto parts store now stands where the theatre used to be.
Newman’s Theatre is listed at 4 W Erie Ave in the 1914/15 American Motion Picture Directory. Could that have been the same theatre?
The 1914/15 American Motion Picture Directory places the address as 110 Pine Street (not 10).
The address is 1366 Route 25A.
Also known as the Cattaraugus Theatre
This is now the YMCA. Actual address is 250 State St.
Actually further research shows the Tremont Theatre built in 1926 was the second one on the site. The original Tremont was a church that was converted to a movie theatre in 1910 before being demolished so the newer one could be erected.
The Pastime Theatre opened September 5, 1910 on the second floor of the Gardner Building which was the former YMCA. It is now demolished.