Showing 151 - 175 of 1,178 comments
This has closed down and become a nightclub.
Now owned by Landmark Cinemas
This theatre was originally located at 5102 50th Ave. The auditorium was demolished and the lobby building was moved to 3539 McDonald Drive, where it still stands.
Now a live music theatre called the Guelph Concert Theatre.
Also, address is 166 Wyndham St N.
Address was 150 Woolwich St. It was right next door to the property that became the Odeon and is now the Guelph Concert Theatre.
This cinema appears to be closed.
Address is 216 W Fourth St
Address was 115 W Fourth St, not 150 which would be on the wrong side of the road and down the block more.
Also known as the Rex
The 501 East Palestine Ave address is for the Dogwood Drive-In. The Moon Lite was on Frankston Highway.
This theatre closed in 2014.
Per their website, this theatre’s last day in operation was July 15, 2014. They were closed down due to owing back rent.
Now known as the Bijou Theatre it currently hosts live productions. Address is 108 First Avenue S. Website is http://www.chesleycommunityplayers.com/
Elizabeth St was renamed Dunlop St West in 1960. There is a “Grand Theatre” standing and seemingly unused at 43 Dunlop St West, which used to be part of the Imperial Cinema 8 that also included the current Barrie Uptown Theatre at 55 Dunlop St West.
Address appears to be 760 St. Clair St.
Now known as the St Clair College Capitol Theatre.
The 1956 business directory has this listed as the Baden Theatre.
Now operating as the King Opera House
The Englert is open as a live theatre.
The Bijou closed its location in the Iowa Student Union building at the end of summer 2013. It now offers programming in conjunction with FilmScene in downtown Iowa City, which opened in fall of 2013.
The 1929 date may be when this theatre became the Capitol. A Victoria Theatre is listed at 47 E Main St. in the 1922-23 city directory.
Address was 150 E Liberty St.
Already listed as the Wayne Theatre – http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/31966
Opened 1937, closed 1956. Reopened in 1968 a the Lyric II before closing again in 1978.