Comments from ERD

ERD commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on Sep 12, 2013 at 10:10 am

Thanks, Ed, for uploading the photos of what was once a beautiful theatre.

ERD commented about Hitching Post Theaters on Jun 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Nice exterior. I wonder what the inside looks like

ERD commented about Imperial Theatre on Sep 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

Glad this theatre was saved and is being used.

ERD commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on May 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm

The ruins of what was once one of the most beautiful movie theatres in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, the entire goal of building such types of theatres was to make a profit. When that stopped, these buildings were either abandoned, converted to something else, or destroyed. Like other CT members,I thank Matt Lambros for sharing these photos of what Loew’s 46th Street Theatre looks like now.

ERD commented about Johnstown Movieplex 9 on Apr 24, 2012 at 5:00 pm

The Multiplex in Johnstown continues to show first run motion pictures. It is well maintained.

ERD commented about Tuxedo Theatre on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I saw a photo of this theatre but can’t remember from what resource. It was a wide shot of the block (pre World War I)) so it is not too clear.

ERD commented about Walker Theater on Apr 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm

The Walker theater was named after the then mayor of NYC, Jimmy Walker,in 1926 and was never owned by his family.

ERD commented about Roxy Theatre on Feb 16, 2012 at 2:12 pm

As a youngster, it was a wonderful experience to see “Carousel” and a stage show at this magnificent entertainment palace. The Roxy was my favorite theatre in Manhattan. Some other musicals I saw there were “The King & I” & “Damn Yankees. (You are right Simon, it was not “Oklahoma!”)

ERD
ERD commented about Wurlitzer organ at the Fox Theatre (Detroit, MI) Wurlitzer organ at the Fox Theatre (Detroit, MI) on Feb 1, 2012 at 7:06 pm

What a beautiful theatre. The organ sounds wonderful!

ERD
ERD commented about KETC | Living St. Louis | Fox Theatre on Nov 18, 2011 at 7:08 pm

What a beautiful theatre. I am so glad it is well maintained.

ERD
ERD commented about Haunting beauty of abandoned theaters on Nov 18, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I find it hauntingly sad and depressive, a sign of “modern” times.

ERD commented about Eden Theater on Jun 10, 2011 at 6:19 am

KenRoe, I appreciate all your contributions to Cinema Treasures.

ERD commented about This is Cinerama (2011 Trailer) on Jun 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm

I remember when “THIS IS CINERAMA” was presented at the Ziegfeld theatre back in the 1970’s. I was there for its first showing. Before the movie began, the elderly Lowell Thomas, with two pretty girls at his side, took a bow from the front of the auditorium.

ERD commented about Porky's Preview (1941) on Jun 4, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Very cute!

ERD
ERD commented about Movie Palaces (w/ Gene Kelly) - Part II on Jun 4, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Very enjoyable. This is one tv documentary that I missed back in the 1980’s. Thank you for posting it.

ERD commented about Holiday Twin Theatres on May 29, 2011 at 8:47 am

The theatre was at 308 Commrie Avenue (30A).The first photo show on the new site is not accurate.

ERD commented about Boro Park Theatre on May 29, 2011 at 8:24 am

The photo should be taken from New Utrecht Avenue as that is where the marquee was.

ERD commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on Mar 28, 2011 at 9:49 am

It is too bad that so many people have never see how beautiful this theatre was at one time. Still, we are lucky to have some imaginative and creative peple who have been able to save and restore some of our movie palaces. It’s a different world now!

ERD commented about Loew's 46th Street Theatre on Feb 6, 2011 at 7:12 am

I still remember the occasional stage shows when it was the theatre was owned by Loew’s. As a child, I performed on the stage in a Happy Felton “Knot Hole Gang” talent show. The “Knot Hole Gang” was a club sponsored by the Brookln Doger’s. Various groups would meet on Sat. mornings at their neighborhood Loew’s theatre.) Unfortunately even then, this beautiful theatre was not well kept. For Loew’s their goal was was how much profit they could get from each theatre they owned.

ERD commented about Stanley Center for the Arts on Jan 16, 2011 at 8:28 am

What a beautiful theatre!

ERD commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on Dec 25, 2010 at 8:28 am

Architectually, the Kings is far superior to the auditorium of Broolyn Tech. I don’t know how the two can really be compared. As far as rehabiliting the Kings, that remains to be seen. It certainly would become a treasure for many generations to enjoy.

ERD commented about Tampa Theatre on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm

The Tamapa is a stunning looking theatre. I am so glad this movie palace was spared. The organ sounds wonderful. To attend The Tampa theatre is a wonderful experience for all ages.

ERD commented about Majestic Theatre on Dec 18, 2010 at 6:09 am

Kudos to the citzens of Wayne NE.for repoening the Majestic. you must be a great group of people.

ERD commented about Paramount Theatre on Nov 26, 2010 at 7:19 am

What a beautiful theatre! I am so glad it is restored and being maintained.

ERD commented about Des Plaines Theater on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:11 am

While I know it may sometimes be difficult to get, I wish more photos of the interior of the theatres should be posted on Cinema Treasures.