Comments from Vlad J Greenpoint

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Douglaston, Queens, NY - Douglaston Macy’s and movie theater to move out, Lowe’s Home Improvement looking to move in on Jan 7, 2017 at 9:22 pm

I don’t get out to Douglaston too much these days, I kind of forget there was a movie theatre there

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Jersey City, NJ - An Inside Look At The Stanley Theater’s Celestial Restoration on Jan 7, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I love Jehovah’s witnesses as they respect their buildings….any old movie theaters that I have visited now under their control are in immaculate condition…I just wish they’d program 35mm movies…which must look amazing.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Century Stadium 14 Sacramento on Jan 7, 2017 at 9:13 pm

the above link is the demolition crew bringing the dome down. this is tragic. it looked like a great place.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Century Stadium 14 Sacramento on Jan 7, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY - A Eulogy for the Pavilion, the Worst Movie Theater Ever on Dec 11, 2016 at 5:24 pm

good riddance, I have only been here one time for the latest Jason Bourne installment back in summer 2016.There was a plethora of problems here, the AC broke..and we all had to move to a different theatre…I welcome the NITEHAWK people there, I have spent quite a many days and nights in there drinking and eating and watching films…they will be a great addition to the Park Slope citizens.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about New York, NY - Landmark’s Sunshine Cinema: Why New York Cinephiles Could Lose a ‘Crown Jewel’ on Dec 11, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I am going to miss this place though,I have seen quite a few films here going back over the years. I bought tons of dvd’s here too…as the box office used to sell dvd’s at a point. Sadly there is a lot of competition from other indie houses…the Angelika and Film Forum are a stones throw up West Houston. The Cinema Village and Quad Cinema and new Metrograph are all in walking distance.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about New York, NY - Landmark’s Sunshine Cinema: Why New York Cinephiles Could Lose a ‘Crown Jewel’ on Dec 11, 2016 at 5:03 pm

fun fact:on the way to the Chelsea to see die hard with a. vengeance… I stopped in and bought fireworks in here back in 1995…pre-pre Houston street/LES gentrification. at that point it was a storage warehouse/hardware store.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about A Tribute to Our Former Blog Editor Michael Zoldessy on Dec 2, 2016 at 1:54 am

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes on Dec 2, 2016 at 1:48 am

an all-you can watch special….sounds quite enticing.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Judge issues order putting Chautauqua Amphitheater demolition on hold on Nov 27, 2016 at 7:24 pm

I would like to see a PHISH show there….I love the seating

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Dunwoody, GA - When will the historic Brook Run theater in Dunwoody be demolished? on Nov 27, 2016 at 7:20 pm

how many seats does (or did) this theatre hold?

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about New York, NY - “Mr. Apollo” Has All the Stories About the Historic Theater in Harlem on Nov 27, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Hello CT: I remember this story. James Brown asked to see his report card and actually told him that he needed to improve his grades or he couldn’t hang out there anymore.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Leroy Theater on Mar 28, 2016 at 7:12 pm

frank zappa played here 10/23/1977

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Board vote paves way for Chautauqua Amphitheater demolition on Dec 27, 2015 at 1:01 pm

my deepest condolences, remember our dearly departed are just not in our presence,they are now within our souls.

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Here's a Fun Fact From Atlanta's Fox Theatre! on Dec 27, 2015 at 12:57 pm

thank you Joe….and nice house.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Chance Theater on Nov 15, 2015 at 5:01 pm

What a great theatre…I was there for a second time yesterday for Insane Clown Posse and covered in Faygo diet Root Beer.I had a feeling it was a movie theatre at some point.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Palace Theatre on Mar 15, 2015 at 6:54 pm

I can’t wait to post tons of pictures of my new favorite theatre.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about BAM Harvey Theater on Mar 15, 2015 at 6:24 pm

I was just there yesterday for “The Iceman Cometh”.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Center Cinemas on Dec 7, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Center Cinemas on Dec 7, 2014 at 9:18 pm

January 4th 2015 is the last day for the Center and will break my mother’s heart…

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Palace Theatre on Oct 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

If I die. I will haunt this majestic theater.

Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Landmark Theatre on Oct 12, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I’m sitting in here now. What a beauty!!

Vlad J Greenpoint
Vlad J Greenpoint commented about Reg Lenna Civic Center on Jul 31, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz arrive for Movie Premiere in Jamestown NY, 1956