Plas yn Dre, Station Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
A small purpose built cinema that served the Llanrwst area in North Wales. The Luxor Cinema opened on 6th May 1938 with Deanna Durbin in “100 Men and a Girl”. It was part of the Eric H. James circuit. Inside the auditorium, there was a stepped ceiling, and lighting troughs which contained Holophane colour lighting. The proscenium was 26 feet wide and there were two dressing rooms. It was closed in 1966. It was then used as a Kwik Save supermarket until 1996.
After the supermarket moved out, the building lay empty for several years. In 1999, there were plans proposed to convert it into a centre for Welsh Language and Culture, which never happened. An application to Welsh Heritage was proposed for listing the building by the Cinema Theatre Association, but was turned down. Despite local opposition to save the building, it was demolished in 2004. The Glasdir business centre was built on the site in 2007.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater