77 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, which today is at the extreme northern edge of Greater London. The Electric Palace was opened on 20th October 1913 with “Mystery of the Great Diamond”. It had 600 seats, all on a single sloping floor. It was known as the Palace Cinema in the 1920’s.
It was sold to the Shipman & King circuit in 1931, and after a short period closed for redecoration, it re-opened on 5th October 1931 as the Regent Cinema, with 700 seats. There was a new entrance on the side of the building, and a car park for 100 cars was created. The architects for the additional work were Howis & Belcham. In 1937, Shipman & King built the splendid Embassy Cinema directly across the High Street, but also retained the Regent Cinema.
The Regent Cinema was closed on 5th November 1972 with Christopher Lee in “The Devil Rides Out” and Anthony Hall in “Atlantis, the Lost Continent”. It was converted into a Mecca Bingo Club. Bingo ceased in 1986, and the auditorium was demolished in 1987. The entrance was retained for a while, but has since been demolished. A building containing the Eternal Youth health club now stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater