8 Manorcroft Parade,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, to the north of Greater London. This was first built in 1862 as a public hall, known as St. Mary’s Hall. In the early-1900’s it began screening films, and was soon converted into a full time cinema, known as the Cinema, with seating provided for 300. It was sold to the Hoddesdon Cinema Company in February 1914.
In 1928 it was re-named Kozy Cinema, and was closed on 12th September 1931 for alterations to be carried out, which included the addition of a balcony.
It re-opened as the Central Cinema on 29th September 1931, with “Plunder”. Seating was now provided for 400, and the proscenium was 18 feet wide. It was equipped with an A.W.H. sound system.
The Central Cinema was closed on 28th February 1959 with a ‘Rock 'n Roll double bill: Diane Todd in “The 6.5 Special” and Mike Connors in “Shake, Rattle & Rock”. The building lay unused until it was demolished in around 1965. A branch of Lloyds TSB Bank was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater