26 Redhall Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the village of Lower Gornal, to the south of Sedgley. The auditorium was constructed out of a former corrugated iron Wesleyan Chapel, which had been moved from Church Street, Netherton. A new brick facade and projection box was built. The Alexandra Hall was opened as a cinema in May 1912. It was destroyed by a fire on 27th August 1931.
It was rebuilt to the plans of architect Ernest S. Roberts and re-opened as the Alexandra Cinema in 1933. In 1939, it was taken over by the Clifton Cinemas chain. The Alexandra Cinema was closed on 24th September 1966 with Stuart Whitman in “Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines”.
It was converted into a social club for the Gay Throstles Football Club. This closed in the 1980’s, and the building was demolished in 1983. A block of flats known as Alexandra Court was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater