Comments from monika

monika commented about Perris Theatre on Mar 24, 2014 at 10:35 am

It looks as if the Chief is the Perris again. It has gotten a new coat of paint and it now reads “Perris” where “Chief” was on the building.

monika commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 8, 2014 at 2:31 pm

The Ace Hotel opened to the public earlier this week. Here is the link to the hotel’s website: http://www.acehotel.com/losangeles?gclid=CNuM0szr77sCFe1xQgodRDgAgA.

The Los Angeles Historic Theatres Foundation (http://www.lahtf.org/) is hosting an “All About the United Artists” tour for the public on February 1st, 2014.

monika commented about California Theatre on Jan 3, 2014 at 8:39 am

What a tremendous amount of valuable information! Great research job, RSM3853.

monika commented about Happy Thanksgiving on Nov 28, 2013 at 8:07 am

Thanks to all at Cinema Treasures for what you continue to do for the history and futures of cinemas around the world. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

monika commented about Saguaro Theatre on Sep 26, 2013 at 6:35 am

I added a photo to the gallery of Wickenburg Way from the late 1960s. It is a Kodachrome slide that I found in a projector from an estate sale.

I was thrilled to see that the theatre is not only still standing but still in operation.

monika commented about Fox Theatre on Aug 13, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Photos of the ceiling restoration project: http://m.stltoday.com/entertainment/arts-and-theatre/fox-theatre-restoration-project-gives-a-view-from-the-top/article_b9185e97-2bb1-5cdc-88e2-86c89c7e97e1.html?mobile_touch=true

monika commented about Cove Theatre on May 8, 2012 at 10:31 am

I learned this week of the passing of longtime Cove manager Spencer Wilson. I was lucky to know him. http://www.lajollalight.com/2011/11/26/former-cove-theater-manager-spence-wilson-99-died-on-thanksgiving-day/

monika
monika commented about Oscars academy to build outdoor theater in Hollywood on Dec 28, 2011 at 7:54 am

I think this is fantastic news! Anyone who wonders how much demand there will be needs to look just blocks away to the summertime Cinespia screenings at Hollywood Forever, which pack viewers in and have people coming from all over southern California to attend. I am looking forward to experiencing what the Academy has in store.

monika
monika commented about Happy Holidays from Cinema Treasures on Dec 23, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Thank you all for another year!

monika commented about Cinema Kings Highway on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:58 am

Thanks for the info, saps. I enjoyed in the documentary how they revisited the theatres of Woody’s youth.

monika commented about Broadway Theatre on Nov 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Diane Keaton worked here! She shared that with Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show”, 11/16/11.

monika
monika commented about 'Phantom' allowed to stay in Fox Theatre on Jun 24, 2011 at 8:34 am

Fantastic news.

monika commented about New Photo Page! on Jun 12, 2011 at 6:39 pm

I am going to need to get on that “top uploaders” list….

monika commented about Corona Theatre on Jun 5, 2011 at 7:41 am

There’s a blog post on how to do it on the main CT page.

monika commented about Corona Theatre on Jun 3, 2011 at 10:37 am

Great, thanks!

monika commented about Corona Theatre on Jun 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

Thank you, Ed! I appreciate it very much. Is the elevated platform still there?

The photographer, Vivian Maier, spent time photographing urban areas of both New York and Chicago. Thank you with your help putting a spot on the map for me.

monika
monika commented about Cinema Treasures relaunches with new design, photo galleries, and more! on May 29, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love the new site, and am especially looking forward to uploading pictures.

Congrats and thanks to all involved!

monika commented about Pomona Fox Theater on May 29, 2011 at 7:01 pm

The Google car needs to hit downtown Pomona again now that the theatre is renovated and its marquee so beautiful!

monika
monika commented about We're relaunching Cinema Treasures next week on May 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I am so excited!!!!

monika
monika commented about Vincentennial celebrates 100th birthday of Vincent Price in St. Louis on May 3, 2011 at 7:11 am

That sounds fantastic!

monika commented about Pomona Fox Theater on Apr 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm

The Fox Pomona can be seen in the “Goodbye, Michael” episode of “The Office”, which aired on 4/28/11.

monika commented about Corona Theatre on Apr 25, 2011 at 1:54 pm

For those in the know, is this View link the Corona the page is about?

monika commented about Academy Theater on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:30 am

A photo I took of the Academy on 4-16-11:

monika commented about 5th Avenue Theatre on Apr 19, 2011 at 8:29 am

A photograph I took of the 5th Ave on 4-16-11:

monika commented about Fox Theatre on Apr 17, 2011 at 8:30 am

Thanks, Don! I will give him a call. It was my first time in Inglewood, and between the theatres and other wonderful locations to photograph I am already planning my next trip.