Theater fixtures and items for sale

posted by chettrask on March 4, 2008 at 7:30 am

Due to a single screen art moderne (1940’s) theater closing in SW Michigan last year, we have many items for sale a great discounted rates. Some of the items include a “retro” custom made concession counter with popcorn warmer and display cabinets, 4:3 lens for 35mm projector that honestly projects classic films that way they were originally seen, metal and plastic 35mm reels, a self contained wireless and wired speaking podium that has two round speakers that can be placed anywhere with 2 wireless mics and one wired (plus inputs for 5 more), 4 custom made black thin framed glass one sheet movie frames perfect for quickly changing out one sheet movie posters perfect for any lobby, a box of 500 never used 3d glasses, a like new 3 sided glass retail display cabinet, like new retro balck couches and chairs, a barely used spillo outdoor search/spot light that will shoot a rotating beam high in the sky and attract partrons to your theater, 2 custom made under that marquee banner frames, brand new red velvet stanchions and ropes, and more.

Please contact me if you are in need of items like this and we can discuss further. We would love to see these great items used in a theater rather than collecting dust in our storage unit. All items are located in SW Michigan. Feel free to contact Chet at 269-861-9104 for further information. Best of luck to all of you who are taking on the worthy project of preserving our country’s historic theaters.

Comments (13)

longislandmovies
longislandmovies on March 4, 2008 at 8:30 am

can you email me any pics……

longislandmovies
longislandmovies on March 4, 2008 at 8:30 am

pics -is not in the ema

chettrask
chettrask on March 4, 2008 at 9:43 am

I can send a ppt file and additional pics if anyone is interested…just ask. Also I forgot to mention a brand new in the box never used OSRAM 2000 XBO projection lamp, reto sconces and an original 16ft eames area retro ceiling light fixture that has been completely restored….very cool.

Thanks,

Chet

steelbeard1
steelbeard1 on March 4, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Judging by the phone number, could the equipment be from the closed State Theatre in Benton Harbor, MI?
/theaters/14282/

chettrask
chettrask on March 5, 2008 at 7:18 am

Yes…all of the items are upgrades/restoration items we made while we ran the theater. Sadly, that theater was purchased by a land speculator and will probably never reopen as a theater and will eventually be razed. It is sad to see it deteriorate and the roof is leaking significantly. No one has been in it for over a year:( I can only imagine what it looks like inside today.

tg21
tg21 on March 5, 2008 at 10:05 pm

I was wondering if you could send me some pics please….

thanks

Franksantos7
Franksantos7 on March 29, 2008 at 7:53 pm

Any vintage movie posters for sale? I restore vintage movie posters and would happily exchange my services for posters that I need for my personal collection.

Frank

vmartin
vmartin on April 15, 2008 at 12:27 am

Hi Chet,

Can you also send me the PowerPoint and any additional photos of what is for sale?

Thanks,
Vicky

chettrask
chettrask on April 15, 2008 at 6:52 am

Vickym,

I am not sure how to do this on this site…please send a email to me at and I will forward the images to you later tonight. Thanks, Chet

hgmalley
hgmalley on April 18, 2008 at 5:13 pm

I am looking for a “Managers Office” fixtue that hangs on wall or ceiling from old theater. Is there one available?

DrRick
DrRick on May 27, 2008 at 8:02 am

Do you have any sound equipment or parts, etc? I collect old sound equipment and I enjoy volunteering my services to folks that are restoring old theaters.
If you know anyone that needs a hand or has any old sound equipment available, please let me know or pass along my email address to them.
Thanks in advance.
Peace,
Rick

coolate
coolate on November 30, 2011 at 11:19 am

Hello, I am wondering if you have anything left? I tried to email you, but the email address seems to be gone…. Thanks! coolate (at) gmail.com

Sandee51
Sandee51 on May 27, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Do you still have any stanchions ?
Please let me know either way.

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment